We’re excited to showcase one of our favorite cupcake wrapper interview clients Lyndsey Fagerlund. Lyndsey started to use our product many years ago and is a truly creative woman. She also is a photographer who loves to bake. Learn a bit more about Lyndsey below and pick up some great tips on how to created a wedding photograph cupcake tower and a tasty cupcake frosting recipe.
1. Tell us a little bit about your company and how you got your start? I started my photography business, Lyndsey Fagerlund Photography, in 2009. I started honing my skills by taking photos of the cupcakes I created. Now I love photographing cupcakes at weddings and children’s birthday parties! I am based in Salt Lake City, and often work in Seattle and Los Angeles. I specialize in authentic, happy images that show lots of emotion. I still love to create cupcakes for my kids. Making up fun frosting flavors and creating themed decorations are my favorite part!
2. What’s the most memorable event you’ve done? This is a hard one, because I have a client in Los Angeles that has hired me to photograph the most amazing events! I would say it’s a tie between their Mermaid/Pirate and Candyland themed events. The Mermaid event had a live mermaid and 2 life-size mermaid cakes for their twins! They also had the Sprinkles Cupcakes truck on site handing out their delish cupcakes. The Candyland party was just amazing, with every single candy detail you could imagine. The kids played Candyland on a life-size board game with real characters, too. Their make-your-own cupcake stand was a hit!
3. Knowing your love for cupcakes, what was your first childhood memory involving cupcakes? I don’t have a specific memory from when I was younger, but I do know I have always been a frosting person! My husband actually scrapes off some of his frosting (gasp!), but that just leaves more for me! My favorite memory involving cupcakes was a “cupcake par-tea” that my friend Kara Allen and I put together for our friends. We taught a little bit about frosting and decorating and everyone got to decorate their own cupcakes!
5. Any fun baking tips? I always encourage friends to play around a little bit! I know it’s said that you have to follow instructions exactly for baking, but as long as I make sure the basic ingredients are right, my creations have turned out pretty yummy! You can pick a vanilla cake mix if you are worried and just try adding something yourself! Frosting is the easiest to play around with. I love making lemon frosting from scratch.
Cupcake Tower Idea Created by Lyndsey for the Good Things Utah New Show
Check out the VIDEO HERE
6. Just for fun; what is your favorite Bella Cupcake Couture cupcake wrapper design? Definitely the Damask cupcake wrappers! I use them all the time! They are perfect for wedding cupcakes.
7. Anything else you’d like to add? Frosting Recipe :)
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened (do not substitute)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
Zest from 1 lemon
powdered sugar (approximately 4 to 5 cups)
Cream butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add vanilla, milk, salt, and lemon zest. Add 2 cups powdered sugar and blend, adding more powdered sugar to get the consistency you want. (To pipe the frosting, you’ll want at least 4 cups total. Just keep adding a cup at a time until it is thick enough.)
Social Media Links for Lyndsey Fagerlund Photography :
We hope you enjoyed today’s cupcake wrapper interview client, Lyndsey Fagerlund. Visit us here for more cupcake fun with Bella Cupcake Couture:
Follow Us On Twitter: http://twitter.com/BellaCupcakeC
Follow Us On Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/bellacupcakeco/
For more event theme party ideas:http://www.bellacupcakecouture.com/pages/Cupcake-Ideas-for-Events.htm